Friday, November 5, 2010

Busy Life....About to get busier!

I always fall behind on this blog, but now I can blog from my phone so that should help.  If you read my blog before I hope you will keep coming back, and tell other people about it.  I am changing the title and content to reflect the new focus of my life.....our family, which will soon include Jillian Grace Cunningham.  She has already completely changed my life.  In the last 6 months I have watched as my focus shifted from the things I want to have to the things we are going to need.  We feel truly and deeply blessed to have this sweet baby girl on the way.  I will say that what parts of my heart her momma had not already softened, Jillian has already completely softened my heart, and that is a good thing.  I already love my little girl with my entire being and can't imagine loving her anymore, but know I will once she gets here.  There are still a lot of preperations that need to be made, but we have 4 months to get it all done.  We are officially registered for everything we need, and have started buying diapers when we go to the store.  We have decided on which room will be her's and are beginning to prepare to start painting it and getting it all set up.  I am already really loving my new role as a daddy.  Every night I lay in bed and feel her kicking.  When she starts kicking I talk to her for a little while, and then I read her a book. Then I sing her the lullaby that I picked out for her.  I think she is beginning to recognize my voice as crazy as it may sound, because she moves towards it and calms down when I sing to her.  I can't wait for February 22nd....on second thought I can wait because there is still so much to be done, but I can't wait to meet my daughter.
                                                    

Work is going really well this year.  My class is the best class I have ever had, and I feel like I am a better teacher than I have ever been before.  I don't feel like I drag into work every morning.  Most morning I am excited to go to work.  I am also excited about the idea I have to start a class blog to keep the parents up to date with what is going on in my class, and to share with other teacher.

My family has moved to Grapevine, so now instead of being 7 hours away, they are 1 hour away.  That is nice, and will be really nice when Jillian gets here.  I am so thankful that my mom and dad moved closer in time to be around for the birth of the first grandchild.  Shelby is at ASU and Jessica will be coming to live with us in January.  So like the post title says, I have a busy life that is about to get busier!

No comments: