Friday, February 15, 2008

It's Been A While

Well, Valentine's Day has come and gone and aside from getting to give my wife a gift that she really wanted... it was horrible. I would like to say that when Valentine's Day approaches there is a collective SCREAM from elementary school teachers everywhere! My students were literally turing cartwheels, CARTWHEELS, down the middle of my classroom during the party. I did get a few nice gifts from my students, and Jacque gave me a nice new water bottle, yeah I know what you're thinking, but I loved it. It is something I can really use, especially since I started drinking water all the time. Besides, she did much better than last year.
I got a new student at the beginning of the week, who likes to steal things. Yeah, so I am pretty much the most paranoid person in the world right now, every time this student picks something up I worry that I will never see it again.

I know that I can't complain too much, I have a great life, but sometimes a person just needs to vent. When I don't think I can make it I think of Jacque, she is the light at the end of all my dark and scary days.

I always have what I call the theme song for my life, and Jacque is the only person who I ever really share it with. Music is really big part of my life, I connect everything to a song in some way. For example, when I hear "You and Me" by Lifehouse my mind instantly goes back to our wedding day and I see Jacque walking down the aisle and feel the same feeling I felt waiting at the front of the church trying to see her. Right now my them song is "Beyond Measure" by Jeremy Camp. The song is all about the blessings you have and how God brought them to you, and with all the stress I have been feeling I have been trying to keep this in mind.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is me..commenting on your blog