Sunday, February 3, 2008

So Sorry!!

I am so sorry that it has been so long since I've posted. Life has been a little bit crazy, TAKS is coming, and I can't even describe the pressure, you just have to have experienced it. I mean there are 22 students depending on me to have them ready becasue if they don't pass they don't go to 4th grade. I have had several near melt downs, but have managed to pull my self out before I completely lost it.
I have decided that my students are going to be fine, and no matter how good I am at my job, I am still a FIRST YEAR teacher. This is all part of the learning process, I just praise God that I am surrounded my amazing Godly people who are willing to help me figure it all out. Next year will be better, because I will know where I'm headed and how to get there, instead of figuring it out along the way.
I have lost ten pounds, want to know what I did...I drink at least 74 ounces of water a day. Jacque says we are like the SlimQuik commercials. I have also started eating better and will begin working out this week.
God has been showing me things about my self. For example, in church today God showed me that it was definately the right decision to step down from Praise Team and the Choir. I truly worshipped for the first time in long time today. When I was in the Choir and on Praise Team I was always consumed with making sure I was harmonizing correctly and singing the same note as everyone else, today I felt...FREE!
I am, as always falling more and more in love with my wife everyday. I hear this song by Leona Lewis, from England, that is a little weird at first, but as I listened to it I realized it is how I feel about Jacque. My heart beats with love for her, I am pretty sure that I would "bleed love" for her.
I'll try to post more often, but until next time God Bless!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! An updated post! Nice job..and it's such a great post :0) I know that you're a great teacher and I'm glad you've decided to let it go, and "let God". All you can do is your best, and everything else is in His hands! I'm still trying to wrap my mind around 74 oz of water..Good lord..ok now you have to start commenting on OTHER people's blogs! *hint, hint*

The Holik's said...

I love to just open your blog and listen to the music. Nice.